Open, Distance and Flexible Learning Center
The principal of the KNP has created a new service department referred to as ODFL center that will be run through teams (ODFL Committee) with the mandate to among other things:
- Establish an ODFL center with basic ICT infrastructure (Computers, internet, wifi, laptops, projectors, smart boards)
- Capacity building for the team and the entire teaching staff on flexible and Blended (FaB) approaches to learning
- Leading ICT integration in training through use of digitized contents
- Institutionalizing the use of Open Education Resources (OER’s)
- Developing and running market driven flexible skills programs (FSD)
- Launching of certificate and diploma courses through ODL in collaboration with various departments and external stakeholders
The center is currently seeking to market the flexible skills within Kisumu CBD during the December 2016 holiday in anticipation for its first batch of trainees in January 2017. It is envisaged that this measures will help increase enrollment to TKNP, increase access to TVSD and also increase equity for sustainable development.
Members of flexible Skills Development (FSD) Marketing Team.